IKS is calling on developers to build killer User Experiences on top of IKS technology. The two top ranked winners receive 40,000 Euro a piece to realise their winning proposal, and three runners-up receive 10,000 Euro to get their submissions to demo stage.
But as with a lot of emerging technology most of the cool stuff remains “hidden under the hood” – that is why we are looking for developers especially with user interface/interaction know-how to provide working examples of semantically enriched user experiences.
Do you have a good idea on how to make IKS technology hit the spot? Are you inspired by the possibilities of IKS technology? Then this is your chance to show the content management communities what you can do.
Your proposal must address the following conditions:
- Semantically Enriched User-centric Story. The proposed solution should provide a compelling semantic experience. Start with the existing IKS User Stories or bring your own ideas
- Bring new levels of Semanticity to CMS platforms. The proposed solution should leverage any kind of existing CMS/KMS/ECM system and should ideally be implemented in minutes rather than weeks.
- Free and Open Source Deliverable. The awards will let the winners finance the development and implementation of the work. In exchange we strongly encourage the deliverables to be released under a permissive open source license.
- Leverage the existing IKS Semantic Stack. The proposed solution should leverage the existing IKS technology stack and reuse as many components as possible.
Valid Submissions MUST:
- show clear benefit for the end-user
- demonstrate significant use of IKS technology
- address contest criteria see: Rules
- be submitted before 14 October 2011