I will present you the CMF editor and some of its key features. It’s a content editor for the CMF project that we designed at Liip AG to pave the way for better experiences in this somehow traditional field.
We didn’t start reinventing the wheel, we wanted to create an editor based on the lastest technologies, leveraging the ‘decoupled’ content management approach to improve the user’s efficiency and also to improve the fun while using a backend application. We based our work on some great open source components such as VIE and Hallo.
After having a first version we participated in the IKS semantic UI/X challenge that took place in Winter 2011. Winning the prize allowed us to add semantic functionalities in our product.
In the last weeks we also merged our work with the CreateJS project to ensure that all the work is documented/available under the same project.
To give you a better overview of the software we built here is a list of the main features:
- Edit in place: The editor doesn’t live in the back of your website, it’s right here on the front of your pages.
- Rich but simple interface: The interface is very simple yet very powerful. For example, you can drag and drop your images in your content and directly see how it will look like and you don’t have to worry about loosing your content as auto-saving and local recoveries are included.
- Extendable: We wrote some plugins to pave the way, but the idea is that one can write new plugins for the users to have the right tools for each specific business case. The interface has been designed to handle extensions and keep a uniform feeling even with plugins made by different people.
- Semantic: We built many semantic functionalities thanks to IKS.
- Tagging suggestions based on your content using Apache Stanbol
- Automatic tagging of assets to keep highly linked and qualitative content in your system
- Automatic article relationship through auto tagging of content
- Automatic external links suggestion based on your actual tags and semantic services
To present the editor in a more effective way, I created some Screencasts to show the main features of the editor and how to use them.
We also have a live demo available
I hope you will get interested in this project and that you found this post interesting.